Melbourne / Lake Eildon / Porepunkah, Victoria


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Porepunkah
February 3rd 2011
Published: March 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

24/01/11 - 1/02/11

Can't believe our Tasmania leg of the trip is over.. It has been such a highlight of the trip so far. We saw a lot of Tassie but left plenty to see next time round (the glass is half full!)

We spent the first few nights back in Victoria at Helen's home where we got to catch up with most of the family again which was great. Celebrated Oz Day (sort of), took Reef to the BMX track and caught up on some housekeeping (whatever that means :o)....).

We then headed north as we needed to get back up to NSW to surprise dad for his 60th. In the mean time, I was forced to send text messages detailing our whereabouts on the Great Ocean Road (or shall I call it the Great Ocean Range?...) Our first stop was the Lakeside Campground in the Lake Eildon National Park. We camped for 2 nights and were happy to be close to the lake as we were experiencing a heat wave. We swam in the clay/mud water but really didn't care as long as we got some relief from the heat.

From Lake Eildon we headed further north and further east. We missed the camp spot we planned to stop at so ended up at Porepunkah in a civilised caravan park. It had a pool so we were sold (heat still at extreme so pool was looking good). We spent the afternoons in the pool and explored during the mornings. We drove up Mt Buffalo where we could see all the Australian Alps and visited the old chalet. We drove as high as we could up to The Horn which was a long but absolutely beautiful drive. The view was one we'll never forget..


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb