The journey to interstate- Mildura, Victoria Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mildura
January 4th 2017
Published: January 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Victoria, a Australian state boasts some of the most vibrant towns and cities known to anyone. Mildura being one of the larger regional cities situated along the Murray river has a population of around 30,000 and can swell to around 60,000 and even more during peak holiday season. The city has towns surrounding it making it look a whole lot bigger. Some of these towns are Merbein, Irymple, and Red cliffs to name a few. The area commonly known as the Sunraysia region boasts some of the best sceneries considering it's a remote area. The journey from my hometown of Whyalla, In South Australia took about 6 hours at 610KM distance. The route takes you through the flinders ranges in South Australia right up through the Riverland, also in South Australia till eventually you arrrive in Mildura, about 100km past the South Australian/ Victoria border. On My arrival i was immediately blessed with the numerous grape vines and orange farms of which Mildura's economy thrives not only on tourism, but Winery, citrus and Almond farms just to name a few. About 80% of mildura's grape production are supplied throughout the state of Victoria. The city boasts everything and one could be forgiven that you were in suburbia of a capital city. In what i mean everything it has lots of large shops, small shops, food places and alot of services that you'd not otherwise find in a smaller regional town. In the inmense traffic, i pulled up into the All seasons holiday park on fifeteenth street. The park is very nice and very family friendly, in fact they cater for everyone from a single bloke, like me to large groups. The fact that the park was situated next to main shopping hubs just makes it a even more attractive. Considering the area gets 290mm rain per annum, the place looked very lush and green for a remote town. I mean remote because the closest town is about 80km away. The people are very friendly and welcoming and even assisted me around places i wasn't sure about, even though i did have a GPS in my car. Through out the three nights of staying at Mildura i visited it's many attractions as seen by the photos, as well as the many shops the city has to offer. I even went for a drive to Robinvale a 80KM drive away. This town was once a thriving hub and now nearly a ghost town, but still has a bright shiny river run near it. Shame i didn't take Photo's. Mildura has a spectacular beach front with a walking trail that leads you past the house boats up to the dock cafe. There is even a newly opened water park where families can have fun under the spray of water. The river Murray as i saw it is popular for water sports and people holidaying on house boats. There was heaps of house boats floating around at my time there. I also visited Wentworth, about 30 Km's from Mildura over the border into New South Wales. The town is small and most places were closed as it was a Sunday. The perry sand dunes just outside of Wentworth were a real opener and is such a shame i lost the photos. Back at the Mildura caravan park and as i said, it is very friendly to all man kind. The camp kitchen boast everything from a oven and stove to pots and pans and a fridge. There is also a television. In the building behind the kiosk there is a games area with two Playstation 3 consoles with their own tv's and a large 60'' tv in the lounge area. The amenities are also in tip top condition. I reccomend to anyone wanting to visit Mildura to stay at the All seasons holiday park. You won't regret it. Overall i rate my experience at Mildura a 10/10. In fact i'm considering moving there to live oneday as i like it so much. Safe travels everyone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0837s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb