Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
February 2nd 2013
Published: February 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Sadly we have left NZ after 16 wonderful days of emotional encounters and great travelling...

Our flight to Melbourne was good despite the high winds and rough landing we picked up our car from Alpha Car Rental ( the cheapest ) and then battled with the freewyays, highways, melways, tollways, bridges and tunnels that made getting from the airport to the Mornington Penninsular a challenge! It was almost 9pm when we arrived at our timeshare home for the week only to find that the reception was closed! We made an expensive uk mobile phone call to the resort emergency number and eventually got the keys to the house. It is clean and comfortable and on the golf club but rather impersonal so it will be a change from our airbnb experience in NZ.

Woke up far too early due to the 2 hour time difference with NZ ( we are both finding it difficult calcullating what time it is in the UK or in Italy) but had a great time at Redhill monthly market which is famous on the mornington penninsular. there were thousands of people there and lots of interesting but expensive things to buy and to eat.

unfortunately internet access at the timeshare is prohibitivly expensive so we shall have difficulty getting on line in the next few days so I apologise in advance if the blog isn't done daily...but ee are thinking about you all and send you our love. Bye for kow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb