Simone's Birthday!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
May 21st 2011
Published: May 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Simone’s Birthday!

April 2nd is a happy day for us – it is Simone’s Birthday! Every birthday is special, but being back in East Melbourne adds a wonderful quality to everything. And then there’s that delightful touch of love and fun added by Georgia and Byron. Their celebration of Simone’s birthday was their way of thanking her for being their best friend and such a wonderful mother.

Simone’s birthday started before she was properly awake, with G & B setting up a special breakfast for Simone, along with cards and gifts. Then it was time for the big invasion, where the force of two stormed the room and dived on the semi-slumbering Simone. Volleys of hugs and kisses followed. It was far too exciting to let Simone unwrap her presents by herself. She clearly needed a lot of help from Georgia and Byron.

Birthday lunches followed. There can never be enough birthday lunches, so we started with a quiet lunch for two at the Athenaeum Club. Great food and endless wine. Another birthday lunch was at the “Duck Duck Goose” restaurant, just off Lonsdale Street. Simone, Georgia and Byron are at heart Hong Kong diners, and love nothing more than dim sum, so they were very happy!

And no birthday is complete without the extended family helping to celebrate, so at Oma and Opa’s, Simone had another birthday lunch, with cake and candles. If only blowing out candles were an Olympic sport, G & B would be gold medalists!

At birthdays it is always fun to think of the adventures of the past 12 months. Simone has certainly had a few of those. 12 months ago Simone had quite a different life in Hong. It wasn’t easy packing up and leaving Hong Kong, or setting up again in Melbourne. But Melbourne is where her heart is, and I have the feeling she won’t be leaving again in a hurry.



Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb