Byron: Terrific at Two


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
April 10th 2011
Published: May 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So many of Byron’s wonderful qualities as a baby have stayed with him, and now grace his happy appearance and character as a two year old. His eyes sparkle with good cheer, although now they have taken an additional cheekiness that speaks of a healthy little fellow intent on exploring the world and being his own man. He is both independent and affectionate – he can travel far and wide, but when he needs a hug from his mum, nothing can stop his homing instinct. Now that he is a mobile toddler, that quality is lovely to see.

Byron wasn’t quite aware of the importance of the 8th of March until alerted to the prospect of birthday presents by his older and more present-focused sister. After hugs and birthday cards on the big bed, Georgia and Byron ran to the lounge to see the feast of wrapped gifts lovingly arranged on the table. It was then that Byron’s big blue eyes grew to the size of saucers as he contemplated which present to unwrap first. A joyful mayhem followed, with Georgia assisting and Simone trying to keep the peace.

There were many happy events to mark Byron’s birthday, including an afternoon with his Grandma Joan, a Birthday tea party at Teatime and Tales in Carlton with Jenn, Zoe and Billie, and a Birthday party and cake at kinder. After falling ill for a couple of days, Byron sadly missed a special Saturday lunch at his Oma and Opa’s. But that just extended his Birthday, as he was spoiled with their hugs and gifts, as well as from John, Ingrid and Kelly and their families the week following. And of course, Fiona and Nigel’s chaps, Harrison, William, James and Timmy played a special part in Byron’s birthday celebrations. He had too much fun, and wished birthdays happened more than once a year.

But for all of the joy of gifts that marked his birthday, the best thing was the chance to play with his cousins, sit on the knees of his grandparents, and get hugs and handshakes from his aunts and uncles. He’s a lucky little fellow to receive such goodwill on his birthday.

For Simone and I, Byron’s birthday reminds us of the special occasion of his birth. The scene is two years and thousands of kilometres away, but the memories seem so fresh. We like to hold him now as we held him then – tightly, and close to our hearts.



Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb