Melbourne To Singapore


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
January 2nd 2011
Published: January 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Melbourne to Singapore
The flight from Melbourne to Singapore was fairly uneventful, as most long haul flights are. The plane Jetstar used is an Airbus A330-200 which was very similar to the plane that Air Asia used to fly to Kuala Lumpor last year. We were lucky enough to be at the back of the plane where the seats are two across. This meant that there was no one sandwiched between two others. It made for a more comfortable flight as we flew for just under 8 hours.
Upon arriving in Singapore there was the next hurdle to overcome. How are three people with luggage to find a particular hotel in a town where there are hundreds of hotels, and how do we get there. I was told before arriving that the MRT transport system was excellent in Singapore, so I went to a counter to ask about it. If you are a tourist, you can purchase a 1, 2 or three day pass for the MRT, and for that amount of time, all busses and trains are free. So loaded with a three day pass ($35 including a $10 refundable deposit on the card) and a Singapore map we all hopped on the next train from the airport.
The MRT and a taxi for the last part of the journey got us to the hotel in just over an hour. I had picked up a bit of a bug on the way, so after a fantastic Singaporean meal in a roadside cafe, we all went to bed early (9:30pm Singapore time, but that was 12:30 Melbourne time.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb