Road Trip Day 1........


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
March 12th 2006
Published: March 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Made the 3 day road trip from Melb to Sydney (sun 12/3-tues14/3), which was a task in itself....not to mention the 2German guys we were travelling with. Lets just say we didnt see eye to eye with them and managed to argue with them the whole journey.....not about anything too serious but just about which route we were to take and who would be driving, as we were all meant to be sharing. I think i drove for all of 3hrs over the whole 3 days....wouldn't mind but Paymen the German was the worse driver possible and just about road worthy....so lets just say we didnt relax!!!!!. Poor Vix only got half an hour driving!!!!

That day we didnt make much progress up the East coast, had to stop at Phillip Island along the way to see the penguins....wouldn't mind but we had stressed to the fellow passengers they only come out at night, so a wasted trip that was. Also had many photo oppotunities by the road-side, and constantly winding down the window to take crap pictures!!!!!!!!....im not joking when i say they pose for pictures. As you can see it was like something out of a freemans catalogue and totally serious. I said if you were to do that at home you'd probably be seriously injured, so didnt make much progress that day!!!!!!!!!

WARNING!!!!!!!!!
BY THE WAY ANY PHOTOS OF THE GERMANS ARE DEADLY SERIOUS!!!!! THEY REALLY DO POSE LIKE THIS- NOT AS A JOKE!!!!!!!

The first night of the jouney we decided to sleep in the car....had many an argument as to where we were parking the car to sleep that night. The Germans wanted to park up down some remote dirt track by the beach....but Bex and i feeling a little vunerable with that idea strongly protested, so after coming to some kind of agreement parked up in a car park by the beach with a little more civilisation. Feeling a little happier with that idea we grabbed the bottle of Goon (very cheap box wine) and the marshmellows and headed to the beach to get very drunk so we'd be able to handle sleeping in the car a little easier. At the beach there were a few people sat having drinks by a fire...so introduced our-selves and joined them for the evening feeling very happy to have other company.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 16; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0828s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb