O Cultural Day!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
March 3rd 2006
Published: March 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today we were having to let the hostel know we wanted to stay longer but we had to move rooms as we didn't give much notice................ so in a room with 4 boys...... it smells of boys in there! only met 2 of them so far- one, Jamie spent the day with us today, he is travelling alone.

We had no idea what to go and see but we managed to find our way to Melbourne Museum as had been told that Helen Daniels kitchen from the Neighbours was in there! Not a great fan of Neighbours but thought its a must see really whilst i'm here!!!!!

So hot today- 33 ish degrees............................................................

You must excuse the photos as have no idea what they are coming out like til I get to download them!! So so fustrating for me- as you all know I have a "special" relationship with my camera!!!

Spent most of the day at the museum, which had alot to do with Aberiginal history (which I didn't really understand! But tried- think I was a bit too hungry to concentrate!) and then strolled back grabbing some lunch and received a phone call from our crazy Thailand buddies- Paul and Sarah- it was so great to hear from them and sounds like they haven't let us down and had lots of very very entertaining stories to tell us- love them guys!!!- Like Koh Tao I think they have found it hard to leave Manly (nr Sydney) and its been a constant hangover for them and a broken nose for Paul- bless- who drunk fell out of his bunkbed!!!!!!!! Bet your still a stunner Paul!!!!! Put a huge smile on our faces hearing from them!

We had a little stroll around the streets of Melbourne, lots of very very nice clothes boutiques but have been very controlled and not looked too much!

We really want to hook up with Paul and Sarah again and thinking about leaving Melbourne on Tuesday to get up to Sydney............ I would be quite happy with that but think Vix wants to stay here a bit longer...................................................

Melbourne is nice- its Manchester on a very sunny day! Its very cosmopolitan and quite alot of "city" things to do but everything seems so expensive compared to Thailand but sure i'll get used to it in a couple of days................................................... I'd prefer to move on as city's bore me slightly and there is nothing spectacular here to see as far as i'm aware so far.................................

Just chillin tonight as very tired..........................................

Lou Lou Winter- Happy Birthday for today- Sorry I haven't got a little picture message for you- haven't had chance to as only arrived yesterday hun- sure you are off out tonight so have a great time and get very drunk!! Go find a new "victim!" xxxx

Advertisement



3rd March 2006

so glad you have both arrived safely.i am sure you are both so very tired.loved the foot chair picture.

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb