Melbourne to Adelaide


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
March 5th 2009
Published: March 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey folks,

I've arrived in Alice Springs and finally get to upload some pictures. The first part of my trip was a 3-day tour from Melbourne to Adelaide via the Great Ocean Road & the Grampians.
Melbourne's a very lovely city but I didn't get to see much of it. However, I'm planning to stop in Melbourne again on my way back.
I was picked up early in the morning by a hilarious and very cheerful tour guide who took us to a tree top walk and the first part of the Great Ocean Road. The GOR is very beautiful and even though the weather wasn't too good we still had an awsome time driving along the ocean & seeing the 12 Apostels during sunset (there's only 7 Apostels left ).
People on our tour were all very nice and the English people & our tour guide made sure we were laughing the whole way through to Adelaide.
The second day started off with viewing the London Bridge (or what's left of it). Here's the story: The first part of the bridge collapsed at night time while there were two people (guy & girl) still on it. Luckily, they were standing on the second part of the bridge and didn't get hurt. However, they got stuck there until being rescued by helicopter. What's funny about the whole story is that 1. the guy had called in sick that day and 2. they had both lied to their partners about where they were. Talk about bad Karma. In the end the guy got fired and both their partners filed for divorce.
After, we drove to the Grampians and went for a beautiful hike.
Last day: another hike at the Grampians & a long drive to Adelaide.

I only had one day in Adelaide and I didn't get to see much. It's nothing special and I have to admit I was glad to leave Adelaide the day after.

Hope you enjoy the pictures; second part of the trip will be up here soon!
Cheers, L.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Great Ocean RoadGreat Ocean Road
Great Ocean Road

The 12 Apostels at sunset
Great Ocean RoadGreat Ocean Road
Great Ocean Road

London Bridge
GrampiansGrampians
Grampians

Beautiful view
GrampiansGrampians
Grampians

The pinnacle hike
GrampiansGrampians
Grampians

Hollow Mountain hike
GrampiansGrampians
Grampians

Our tour guide after the bus broke down


Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb