Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
October 27th 2008
Published: October 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello all!! Long time and no blog so i thought i would put up a few photos and talk about what we have been doing in Melbourne. Well we have been just working like the rest of you unfortunately while trying to get out and do something interesting on the weekends in this great city to break it all up.

We have had a few trips out of the city, the great ocean road was brilliant, especially the helicopter ride over the 12 apostles. The scenery is unbelievable. We went skiing to which was only 150km's from Melbourne ( i didn’t there was skiing in Oz either, never mind in the middle of a state in its worst drought in decades!!!). Anyway, Melissa was good but I fell over a lot!!!! One of the worst the instructors has ever had id say.....

The photos of the sea fishing is from me birthday. There was feck all fish and the ones we did catch were tiny but they were good eatin. Didn’t matter, with plenty of beer and sun so it was all good.
The other photo's are of our camping trip up at Lake Eildon to do some fishing.
Great Ocean RoadGreat Ocean RoadGreat Ocean Road

12 Apostles from the helicopter
Well it’s nearly not a lake anymore as its drying up due to the drought. Pretty sad to see as its an amazing spot. We took a quick detour for the obligatory Neighbours stop off at Ramsay St, very exciting (yawn!!). Hard to believe people actually pay 40 bucks for the tour!! Finally after hours of waiting I caught a big ass fish. We threw it back cos it looked horrible and was slimy. Turned out to be a carp which do taste muck(cos they eat muck). A fire and night on the beer followed and Conor caught one the next day.

And we have been trying to get some cash together for the next(and last) part of the trip. South America once again!! Melissa hasn’t been and I have no problems avoiding reality for another 6 months!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Camping Trip - Eildon LakeCamping Trip - Eildon Lake
Camping Trip - Eildon Lake

The Big Carp i caught - ugly git!!
Great Ocean RoadGreat Ocean Road
Great Ocean Road

Gay embrace!!!
Great Ocean RoadGreat Ocean Road
Great Ocean Road

From the Helicopter
Great Ocean RoadGreat Ocean Road
Great Ocean Road

12 Apostles
Great Ocean RoadGreat Ocean Road
Great Ocean Road

What a cameraman, finger and all!!
Great Ocean RoadGreat Ocean Road
Great Ocean Road

Im loving it!!
Great Ocean RoadGreat Ocean Road
Great Ocean Road

Troquay Beach - Surfing capital Oz
Great Ocean RoadGreat Ocean Road
Great Ocean Road

Dont know what way im standing!!


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb