No boobies


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
September 7th 2008
Published: September 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Death to America vanDeath to America vanDeath to America van

Start of the trip, Great Pacific Road
We have arrived in Melbourne! Our transport was not adorned with boobies but was actually a rather sedate 'death to america' style, which is pretty cool, I think it is called 'Yankee'. The trip down was 1100kms, something like the length of Britain, it took 3 days. More time and travelling in the summer would have been good, but it was a lot of fun, and definately recommended.
I'll keep it short and sweet. The first day we drove from Sydney to Bawley Point, staying at Racecourse Beach campsite. At this point in time we started the Carnage List as we saw alot of Australian wildlife - dead and alive! See below.
The next day we stopped off at a number of places, lots of lovely beaches, including Pebbly Beach (no pebbles) and stayed at Mallacoota, which was gorgeous. We parked up the campervan on the waterfront and it was stunning. Although there wasnt a great deal to do as its winter.
The next days driving took us to Lakes Entrance, known as 90 mile beach - it was stunning and I would love to go surfing there - in the summer! That night we stayed at Port Albert, the campsite didnt seem up to much, but once you navigated yourself through a bush the views of the lake were gorgeous.
The following day we made our way to Melbourne via the Tarra Bulga national park, leaving the beaches for the rainforest.
We finally made it to Melbourne and Lizzies home in Nutfield, north of Melbourne. Fantastic! The area is beautiful and there are lots of kangeroos hanging out in the fields around her house!

Carnage List
12 Kangeroos
20 wombats
4 possoms

Live List
Herd of emus
50 kangeroos
8 kookaburras
galaas (lots)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Skimming stonesSkimming stones
Skimming stones

Port Albert


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb