Ive heard a whisper...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Newtown
September 3rd 2008
Published: September 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ferry to ManlyFerry to ManlyFerry to Manly

I have got clothes on, honest
'Ive heard a whisper . . . about Wicked Campers' were the words from a very helpful and funny Tourist Information guy, and he didnt disappoint. We were trying to find out about campervans to hire as we have decided to drive the 'Great Ocean Drive' to Melbourne. I say we, that would be Dave, but as soon I get back to the UK I am learning to drive! Fact! So we had a look at Wicked Campers and have booked our campervan for 7 days. We pick it up tomorrow - 4/9/08. There is a huge fleet and they are all spray painted in a graffitti style, I saw a go go gadget one and matrix. Not sure what one we will get but our receipt has the words 'Great Big Jugs' on it!! This could be very interesting!!
But until such time as I can update you on the campervan fun I shall fill you in over what we have done the past couple of days.

MUM I HAVE SEEN A KOOKABURRA, please see attached photo! and they really do sound like a chimp!

We spent a day at Manly, the weather was gorgeous and we strolled
ManlyManlyManly

love it
around soaking up the sun (me) hiding in the shadows (dave). Instead of the Bridge Climb - where you get to wear overalls and climp the structure of the Harbour Bridge, we went up one the towers. The views were as good and it was a fraction of the cost. And we have been to Taronga zoo, the zoo itself is really good but the views over Sydney are incredible, those animals are soo lucky! finally saw a platypus too, strange animal but so cute and wombats are HUGE, I thought they would be like a hamster, but seriously huge!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

On Harbour BridgeOn Harbour Bridge
On Harbour Bridge

lovely views of the opera house
mmm pizzammm pizza
mmm pizza

Did I mention we've eaten Aussie animals on pizza? Kangeroo and croc
KookaburraKookaburra
Kookaburra

This ones for you mum


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb