Luna Park


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
August 5th 2008
Published: August 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

park1park1park1

Ryan and I on the Octapus ride!
Josh and Alex are 7. After a few weeks querying the kids "what do you wanna do for the birthday", we all agree it's a great idea to go to the Melbourne Luna Park.

The Luna Park is a small amusement park, with the usual rides, roller coasters and bumper cars, found in such places of entertainment. We decide to go the Saturday before their Birthday, as they have already been invited to a school friends birthday, on the Saturday following their birthday.

The kids are really excited on Friday night, they can't wait. Luckily enough they didn't get up too early the following morning, and the park doesn't open in winter until 11am. We head off and it's easy to find and we are able to park right next door to the park, for $7 for the day - bargain! Probably cost about £10 for the day back in the UK!

We all pile into the park, only a small queue for the tickets, and buy unlimited rides for all of us. This was a big mistake, as the kids went on most of the rides on their own, so there wasn't any need for us to
Park2Park2Park2

roller coaster
buy unlimited rides for us. There is a roller coaster, ghost train, bumper cars, mad mouse, ferris wheel and a few other round and round type rides. The kids really enjoyed themselves, but it was smaller than I expected, and you can get round the park in half a day - no problem.

They were very particiular with the height restrictions, and because Alex is about 2cm smaller than Josh, Alex didn't get on all the rides, but Josh did. That really upset him, he couldn't understand why Josh would get on and he wouldn't, after all they are twins and same age? Poor thing! I ended up giving him some coins to go on some slot machines in the arcade, and that seemed to cheer him up.

We had a good day, but we were ready to come home. It was quite nice that day, but again fairly chilly and around 3:30pm it started to rain and some of the rides closed, so we decided to get home. Kids complained, but we had a good day, and they were all shattered by the time we got home.

Claire, Stef & the boys.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

park3park3
park3

Up and downie thing!?
park4park4
park4

Mouth of the Luna Park
park5park5
park5

Ryan on the Dodgems!
park6park6
park6

Alex on the carousel
park7park7
park7

Josh on carosel
park8park8
park8

Stef trying to actually make his horse go that bit faster, told him to get off!!
park9park9
park9

Alex, budding photographer, taking piccy of me!
park10park10
park10

Ferris Wheel, we paid the attended to leave them at the top for 30mins! :-)


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb