Welcome to my Eurotrip!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
March 16th 2008
Published: March 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all!
I'm cheating a little here as i'm still sitting at dear old home in Melbourne, pondering what to take, who to see, where to go and all that stuff. The biggest issue is proving how to stash the huge pile of clothes on my bed into an itty bitty little suitcase. I'm slowly getting excited and a bit apprehensive about the 30-ish hour long plane trip, and the extremes in weather I'll be facing when I get off the plane in Poland after getting on it here in something like 36'c. As of 3.30pm this Tues, i'm officially out of here. Just thought I'd post the current itinerary, just in case anyone reading this is in the area and wants to keep me company...

19 March til 30 April - Most likely to be exploring Poland, and visiting long lost family and friends. Mainly in the Czestochowa, Krakow region, but also up to Gdansk and Malbork, maybe Zakopane. Contemplating maybe a quick trip across the border into Germany.
1 May til June 24 - Studying in Italy while living in Florence. Well not strictly true - first 2 weeks living in an apartment in Florence, and the next 6 weeks living in places in Prato, which is about 15 min away from Florence. I'm on an exchange style thing except that it's Monash run, with our lecturers and predominately our students, so it's also all in English, thank god. Weeks will be spent in Florence while weekends will hopefully be spent exploring every other nook and cranny of this beautiful country, and maybe even fit in a weekend in Barcelona? Whatever time and money allows.
June 24 til June 28ish - Taking a scenic drive back from Italy to Poland, detouring along interesting places along the way like Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic.
Early July - Taking a tour into Russia for a few days. Looks like it's more likely to be St Petersburg rather than Moscow, either is bound to be incredible. Definately one of the places i'm most looking forward to visiting!
Rest of July until the 24th - Seeing some more of the relatives and friends, and hopefully enjoying some beautiful Polish summer weather.

That's the general plan for now, to be adjusted according to will and weather. Things will be added - if anyone has any suggestions of places which definately need visiting, please let me know. Anything you want me to see, do, disprove, or fotograph, just send them to me :o)

Take care for now. Next time will be from a cold cold Poland!
xo K

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb