blue hair day!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
December 13th 2004
Published: December 13th 2004
Edit Blog Post

it's raining today. i knew it was going to be a lazy day.

by now some of my roommates have checked-out and new ones have checked in - a couple of girls from the UK and some guy i never got to meet.

had a lazy morning. got a nice long brunch. i decided to get a haircut and had my hair dyed blue - finally! i've been wanting to do it for a long time. it turned out really good. i'll post a photo here as soon as i get it uploaded online.

in the afternoon, went to downtown Melbourne. it's about 20 minutes tram ride from where i was staying (St. Kilda). i walked around the "touristy" area. it's a nice city. kinda feel like Vancouver - just a bit. it's actually tied with Vancouver and Vienna as the most liveable city in the world.

"The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) survey ranked Melbourne, Vancouver and Vienna as the best cities for expatriates to live, with Perth fourth and Adelaide, Brisbane and Sydney equal sixth."

i then hit an internet cafe to start this travel BLOG. i also uploaded the first batch of photos online. as some of you may have noticed, the entries here are back-dated. i can't possibly go online everyday nor do i intend to. i keep notes and go online whenever i can and if i feel like it. this entry is for the 13th and today is actually the 18th already. i am not in Melbourne anymore. i am in Alice Springs - two hours flight away, in the bush land. i've already spent three days in the bush, sleeping in the bush for two nights and not taking any shower. but that's for another entry later...

just hang around the bar at the hostel at night. chatted with some people and went to bed around 2AM.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb