The final Melbourne blog


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
November 15th 2007
Published: November 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Davis AvenueDavis AvenueDavis Avenue

Our home!
Just a quick update to fill you in on what we have been up to over the last few weeks, before we head up to Cairns on Saturday. For those of you who are not yet aware James has been offered a job in the Atherton Tablelands commencing end of Jan, so we are heading up to find somewhere to live. So before the chaos begins…

We have been busy making sure we have not missed anything worth seeing in Melbourne. We have been to the zoo, Brunswick for some Lebanese cuisine, Chadstone shopping centre, Brighton Beach, Christmas shopping on Bourke Street and eaten yum cha at the Oriental Tea House. Sunday breakfasts have continued although we have got lazy, frequenting one place just down the road.

One event really worth a mention was our trip to the Theatre to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert the Musical. Not only was the show impressive but so was the modern yet classical theatre. It was a great evening, although some of the audience members seemed a bit uncomfortable being dragged on stage by drag queens!

I have been spending my weekdays in a warehouse data entering archive file information, exciting stuff. Though I was rewarded today, with lunch paid for by my boss! James has become a house husband since the kids out here are on exam leave, leaving little demand for supply teachers. He has at least become a pro at house work, which has made moving out of our flat much easier.

We have experienced an event not to be missed (Melbourne Cup), well we did kind of miss it since we didn’t actually attend. New outfits and race tickets were beyond our budget, but since it’s a public holiday we did head in to town and watch the main race on the big screen in Federation Square. We have also managed to fit in something extremely touristy, a pint of Guinness in an Irish theme bar on Southbank!

Sorry to be leaving but looking forward to some permanency and the tropical weather! Would thoroughly recommend Melbourne to anyone, what it lacks in iconic landmarks, it makes up for in atmosphere, cultural diversity and shopping!

James has been out photographing Melbourne, so I will leave you with the pics.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb