Seymour and Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
May 25th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Faye and Mick's inquisitive AlpacasFaye and Mick's inquisitive AlpacasFaye and Mick's inquisitive Alpacas

All the rage in Australia!
From Sydney we took a 12 hour bus journey to Seymour, a small town and hour north of Melbourne. We stayed with Faye and Michael (Mick) (Peter and Susan Kerr's brother + sister in law!) on thier "ranch"! We lived like royalty for the 3 days we were with them and were so lucky to have personal chauffers of Seymour (and Melbourne). We crammed so much into a small time. Between fishing with Yabbis (see picture) and Koala and Kangaroo hunting, we ate and DRANK (mick!!) more than we had in a very long time..

After Faye and Mick took us to see the delights of Melbourne, including St Kilda, the Markets and thier hilarious street performers, we decided we prefered Melbourne to Sydney (a big rivalry we gather) - despite the cold!

Faye introduced us to her two sons, Chris and Anthony and thier respective girlfriends, Erin and Emma. Anthony and Emma were kind enough to put us up for a night and to show us round Melbourne a bit more, including the huge MCG, art galleries and crazy tram systems.

Thanks very much to you all for putting us up and taking care of us - we had a really great time!





Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Red back SpiderRed back Spider
Red back Spider

Mick thought it was a good idea to introduce us to the most deadly spider in Australia by waving it round on a small rock - Bex did not appreciate the gesture!!
Bex and Mick with YabbisBex and Mick with Yabbis
Bex and Mick with Yabbis

These crayfish like creatures live in Mick and Fayes dam at the bottom of thier garden!
Ammusement park at St KildaAmmusement park at St Kilda
Ammusement park at St Kilda

St Kilda is the "cool" area of Melbourne, lots of trendy people in coffee shops, mixed with hippys and crazy people - we got a personal serenading from an 80 year old guy singing starman!!


18th June 2007

Glad u liked St. Kilda. me and mark lived there for 6 weeks. we were rarely sober! it was ace!
18th June 2007

Sounds like Mick, Faye and their family looked after you really well. Sounds like you are continuing to have an amazing time. Only 2 months to go .........!
18th June 2007

staying with michael and faye
glad you had a lovely time told you that you would.glad to hear michael is off the booze.hope he gets plenty in for the summer when we get there .keep enjoying the trip love susan and peter

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb