Strawberry picking in Caboolture and crocodile hunting at the Australia Zoo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
May 31st 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

As you already know we spent 10 days in Caboolture (1 hour out of Brisbane), strawberry picking. This was because we had little money left and had our hearts set on Scuba Diving at the Great Barrier Reef!

The work was fairly tough and a little back breaking. We spent eight hours a day wheeling ourselves up and down rows of strawberry fields in a trolley. The pay was per kilo so we worked as hard as we could for the extra cash!

It actually wasn't too bad, we shared a house with 8 other people who we had a lot of fun with.

We had thought there may have been trouble getting paid as the operation was a bit disorganized. Our contractor was an Iraqi immigrant and his staff were all from the middle east. They didn't speak great English and when asking about pay his response was always "tomorrow, tomorrow". However everything worked out well and we are so glad we did it!

On our last day in Caboolture, we visited the nearby Australia Zoo. Home (before he died) of the Crocodile Hunter - Steve Irwin. The Zoo was amazing and housed lots of indigenous animals. We especially enjoyed the Crocodile feeding show and the Wombats (Dom!). It was actually quite emotional; you can really tell from the staff how much “Steveo” was valued!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

"He's a beast!""He's a beast!"
"He's a beast!"

Sharka the croc
Playful KoalaPlayful Koala
Playful Koala

Not a bear - a marsupial!
Dom's new best friendDom's new best friend
Dom's new best friend

Wombats are by far the coolest animals! We are thinking of smuggling one out of the country!


19th June 2007

I love the koalas!! xx
30th July 2010

That is one cool projection clock!
This clock projects the time, date, or temp on the wall or ceiling http://www.liangdianup.com/clocks_1.htm some people call it a ceiling clock but I call it a digital projection clock. I got the black one because at the time that was the only color they had. But now they have them in black and also in white.

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb