Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
February 10th 2007
Published: February 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

From Perth, Bekka and I flew back to Melbourne where we met Rich and Stefan. Our first day was spent wandering round the city, going to the Queen Elizabeth Markets which had amazing food stalls and checking out St Kilda which had cake shops selling every different type of cake imaginable.
The next day, the four of us hired a car and we headed to Philip Island. At the west point of the island we saw seals round the Nobbies (the name for a group of rocks sticking out the sea - prettier than it sounds!!) and went to a beautiful beach. In the evening, we went to the Penguin Parade, the real reason for coming to the island. This is were loads of really cute, tiny blue penguins waddle out of sea and up the hill to their homes. We got the opportunity to sit really close and just watched them slowly make their way off the beach and away. It was such a cool experience. No photos were allowed as the flash scares the little creatures, so you will just have to imagin them.
On Monday night we went to the Neighbours Night. An extremely chessy evening but much fun. We met Toadie, Paul Robinson and Sky, Toadie being the only one I really remember from watching it. We also saw Dr Kennedy's band which was really really bad but as it was the man himself, I pushed many people out the way to get some good pics!
On Wednesday we hired a car again and set off on a mini road trip down the Great Ocean Road. On our journey we saw wild koalas, huge spiders, gorgeous coastline, pretty waterfalls and ate yummy Thai food. The pics say it all really.
It was a really good week, and we were really lucky with the weather.
On Friday, Bekka and I fly to New Zealand...a new country and a new blog to come....!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Wild KoalaWild Koala
Wild Koala

Spotted by Stefan from the car - so impressive!!!


19th February 2007

Hi babe, great to see you made it to the neighbours night, didnt do that one myself though worringly i know who all those people are hmmm and there I was feeling proud cos of my lack of tele watching at the mo! much love big email to come xxx

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb