Ozie Ozie Ozie....


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
January 11th 2007
Published: January 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

G'Day...hows it going???

Right seen as we've been coppin it from everyone about being slack with our website here is the latest update.

We've settled nicely into Melbourne..it's a great city with loads to see and do, somewhere you could easily spend a few years working and living. So Ian finally got work and I got to take two weeks off around Christmas time..hee hee..it was great being a lady of leisure for the while!

Well the last few months have been a mixture of bbq's, eating, drinking, sun, snow, rain and fun! We had a BBQ for Linda's going away and we spent it in the roaring 42 degree heat out the back yard in a pool we got installed! We met up with Claire and Andy, friends from home and practised our bowling and Jazz dancing. We spent a lovely Christmas with Caroline and Celine from home, eating and drinking too much while it rained all day so it was just like being in the homelands...maybe next year we will get to have that BBQ on the beach! To finish off 2006 in style we spent New Year's at a circus themed party on the lake overlooking the fireworks in the CBD!

So we finally did something 'touristy' last weekend and went to Philip Island for the day. We saw the little penguins as they emerged from the sea at dusk in their groups after a long day in the sea catching fish and waddling back to their homes to feed their chicks. It was amazing to see them..unfortunately we weren't allowed take pictures so you will just have to visualise it or go watch 'Happy Feet'! There is also a Koala Reserve on the island so we got to see some sleepy lazy flufffy koalas...they sleep 20 hrs a day...what a life!

So that's it for now...heading to the Great Ocean Rd for the weekend so we will have some more updates real soon.

Slan go foill

Aoileann and Ian.


Additional photos below
Photos: 53, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



19th January 2007

lucky devils
like your photos. keep enjoying yourselves. xx xx.

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb