From Sydney to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
February 4th 2011
Published: February 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Sydney to Melbourne


Have said my goodbyes to the brother and am now heading around Australia!! First trip is a three day tour to Melbourne!

I was collected by the driver Coaster and we (8 in all!) headed towards Canberra! Here we stayed for the afternoon to do a visit of the Parliament buildings and have some lunch before continuing our long drive towards Threadbo. Unfortunately the weather has turned on us! We left Sydney in 40C heat and arrived in Threadbo in 8C and pouring rain, not fun! I have not missed the UK weather!!

We left our hostel early the next morning to go and hike the tallest Mountain in Australia, Mt Kosciuszko but due to the rain still pouring we decided to just take the chairlift to the top. By the time we got there we were freezing, soaked through and all feeling abit miserable to didnt hang around long! We were due to take the Barry Highway but we are in the middle of flooding here so ended up taking another route and ending up at Cape Conran - gorgeous beach!

Arrived into Lakes Entrance for some fish and chips before watching the sunset on the beach - beautiful! And no rain either!

Left Lakes Entrance the next morning to drive to Wilsons National Park where we came across Kangaroos, wombats, emus and parrots! We hiked from one beach to another and rescued a penguin on the way(he was washed up on the beach so we took him to the ranger station!)

Arrived in Melbourne in the early evening to a hostel with no power or hot water. Melbourne has had a nasty flood hit here so everything is under water but it did mean the hostel was cheap!!

Leaving here on Thursday to head up towards Adelaide

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb