Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
April 9th 2008
Published: April 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Melbourne on Friday 4th April.

We had our leaving party (BBQ) in Colbo on the Thursday night, and it was crazy! One of our supervisors (who shall remain nameless, tee hee) got hammered and started chasing our friend Mike around - when it became clear he didn't want anything from her, she burst into tears and cried the way through the whole party, in front of everyone! It was dramatic and hysterical and nobody knew quite what to do! I refused to give her her car keys, as she wanted to go home. So she ended up crying all night and pacing up and down, which kept us awake until the early hours. Apart from that, the BBQ was good fun, really nice to spend time with the new girls, Charlie and Vicki, and get to say goodbye to everyone.

On the Friday morning, we got a lift to the bus stop with Forky Matt, and Darrel and Damien also came to see us off. We arrived in Melbourne about lunchtime and wandered around the shops after checking into Nomads hostel, which is really nice.

I got a call from Tara from camp, telling me to meet her at 8pm, so Ollie and Mike came with me, as did Max Grant (Max Drama) who I had randomly bumped into in the hostel lift! Small world! We went for drinks at Curve bar, just sat outside and gossiped and reminisced, which was soooo nice!!!

Saturday was the V Festival which was great!!! Robyn kicked it off and she was really good. Then we saw Roisin Murphy from Moloko and some of the Jesus and Mary Chain (I'd never heard any of their stuff before, but they were great). Air was also playing but I got bored of that....CSS were good....Duran Duran were amazing live!!! Clare was sick, so we didn't hang around for Smashing Pumpkins. The day was great!!!

We got back to the hostel that night and Darrel and Damien came over as they'd been in Melbourne watching a football match. Damien kicked things off with a jaegerbomb for us, and I went from stupidly sober to drunk in about a minute and starting shouting lots about how I loved Ted (Damien's dog). Haha.

The Pompey match was on TV and they won the semi finals 1-0 against West Brom - GO POMPEY!!!

Sunday, I mooched around with Simone and Ollie in the morning - we went to Queen Vic Market and then to get Simone some photos copied.

Tara and Robyn from camp picked Max and I up from Nomads at midday and we went for lunch at Cafe Sienna in Chapel Street, where Tanae met us. It was sooooo nice to be around old friends and just be myself and have a laugh!

I made it back to Southern Cross Station to say goodbye to Simon, as she was headed back to the farm to work.

On Monday, we moved here to St Kilda. It's a beautiful seaside suburn of Melbourne, with loads of cafes and cake shops (yum!). Heather and I have spent a lot of time just mooching or walking down to the beach. Monday night was Neighbours night! It was so weird to see the Neighbours stars in real life. There was Connor, Stu Parker, Rachel and Stingray. You feel like you know them, as they are on your TV screens every night, but you don't know them, it's freaky! They are so small in real life too! There was a quiz and we met some nice people who were on our table with us.

Yesterday, we wandered around St Kilda lots, and went to the Botanical Gardens. We ate lunch in a little cafe, and then in the evening we went off to see a comedy festival show in town (Geraldine Hickey - Miss Guided). It was quite good, but seeing as I never really understand comedy anyway, it wasn't amazing. But was a nice way to pass an evening. We also wandered through the casino on the way home - weird! Totally didn't get any of it, haha.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.5kb