Melbourne and Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
March 17th 2008
Published: March 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Kate on the Great Ocean RoadKate on the Great Ocean RoadKate on the Great Ocean Road

It was windy which explains the strange outfit
For the past 2 weeks we have now been in Australia. we started in melbourne city centre and did the usual touristy things for a couple of days, Federation Square, the Aquarium and the Melbourne Gaol where Ned Kelly spent his time in prison. Did a tour where they pretend to arrest you and throw you in a cell, some of the graffitti was hilarious but too rude to publish on this site! We then moved down to the beach in St Kilda where we started the important task of tanning! We decided to hire a car and drive the 500 odd km along the great ocean road to see the 12 aposotals. this was going to be a cheaper way of seeing them than going on an organised tour and would have been except David chose to park in a no parking zone over night so we ended up with 2 parking tickets! After Melbourne we got a flight into Sydney and have spent the past week with Debbie, Danielle, Barry, Jean, Bradley and Jess who have all been wonderfull and looked after us. A big thank you to you all!!!!!

We climbed the sydney harbour bridge with a group of weirdos (why do we always seem to get put with them?) Was actually good fun though and had great views of the city (and david in his jump suit that we all had to wear). we then moved down to Coogee Bay and walked from Coogee to Bondi beach - Bronte beach is our favourite though - the waves are "AWSOME" (has to be said with an Aussie accent) but i could only stay in for 5 minutes as i could keep my bikini on due to the force of them. Went to see the opening Rugby league game, the Sydney grudge match between South Sydney and Sydney Roosters with Barry, Jess and Bradley at the olympic stadium (and the roosters won - hooray!) After that we went for a few drinks in Churchills with Barry. Kate had a hangover the next day so spent it in bed whilst david decided to go to the beach again. he found a nice little spot on the grass towards the back of the cliffs and settled down to listen to his ipod. After about 30 minutes of singing he turned off the ipod but could still hear music - when he turned around he was in the middle of a wedding with people taking the photos all around him!

We're now moving up the east coast on the grey hound bus, next stop Newcastle followed by Port Maquire.

ta ta for now 😉
Kate and David

p.s. thanks to everyone that is emailing us and congrats to Carl and Kelly!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

The family and friendsThe family and friends
The family and friends

Debbies birthday celebration which was great fun
The girlsThe girls
The girls

Davids Aunties and cousins (and me)
David was a very naughty boyDavid was a very naughty boy
David was a very naughty boy

David in Melbourne Jail (or Gaol as they spell it)
Kate on Summer Bay BeachKate on Summer Bay Beach
Kate on Summer Bay Beach

Palm beach in reality but where home and away beach scenes are filmed
The great white sharkThe great white shark
The great white shark

oh no sorry its david!
The original Budgey smugglerThe original Budgey smuggler
The original Budgey smuggler

Sorry Baz but it was too funny not to share with everyone (and sorry to those who are offended by the legs)
The boysThe boys
The boys

David with uncle Barry and Michael
Finding NemoFinding Nemo
Finding Nemo

Saw this fish in the water when snorkeling - haha not really, saw it at the aquarium (one for the kids)
Ned AndrewsNed Andrews
Ned Andrews

Kate wearing Ned Kellys outfit
I dont want to go homeI dont want to go home
I dont want to go home

One for Carl and Tom (sorry to those of you who this will make no sense to)


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0177s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb