Bailey Bailey infused brekkie and burkini previews at Kat Bahloo (or lazy day at Kat Bahloo)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
March 23rd 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Veg Out, Party People!Veg Out, Party People!Veg Out, Party People!

The community garden with more than just vegetables.
Today was a lazy day. We treat ourselves to one of these everywhere we go, though sometimes it is imposed on us, like that stormy day in Argentina. I woke up and wanted to go for a stroll and have some me time. Meli headed for the beach. It is clear that she was tropically bred.

My stroll took me first to “Veg Out”a community victory garden or sorts. There weren’t just crops in this garden, however; chickens, parrots, peppers, tomatoes, vines, and even an art center. All over the place were signs about the watering restriction in place. Apparently, Victoria has been experiencing a minor drought. Even at Base, the sign in the bathroom says to limit showers to 4 minutes. It was a tree-hugger’s paradise—it looked like something that people who lived in Columbae (Stanford reference) created.

From there I walked around a park while reading my book. Somehow I ended up at the beach. Instead of heading towards St. Kilda pier, I took a left and headed towards the marina and yacht club. All along the waterfront is a path for bikers and another one for pedestrians and runners. So, past the lighthouse, past the yacht
St Kilda View 1St Kilda View 1St Kilda View 1

This isn't an official panoramic, but it's a 180 degree view from the beach in St. Kilda on the lovely morning of our walk!
club…the paths curved towards the water and continued on, reading and observing. I was a good 3200 meters from where Meli was when I turned around.

Meli and took yet another opportunity to appreciate the beach before going for some brekkie. We returned to Kat Bahloo, partly because of Tim, partly because of the good food, and mainly because they had free wireless. We needed to update the blog so why not multitask. I went for the vegetarian big breakfast. Meli had eaten leftovers from Day 1 when we went to Bala’s, a pan Asian spot, for dinner. It seemed to lean towards Indian cuisine though—I enjoyed butter chicken and garlic naan, Meli went for butter chicken (her favorite) and yellow tofu.

I destroyed my meal while Meli tackled the blog—we had the last day in Chile and the events of the Match and packing up and moving to L.A. to upload. As I continued reading, Meli eventually wanted something to eat and she ordered a cheese and tomato sandwich. By now, we had been in K.B. for 2 hours. We traded off and on with the blog and by 2pm we realized that we were enjoying another
St Kilda View 2St Kilda View 2St Kilda View 2

Woops! I caught this morning swimmer in flagrante! Well, almost...
lazy day, so why not make it official. Tim recommended a Bailey & Bailey Shiraz to keep us company. It was very tasty and kept the yang up and the creative juices flowing. By 3:30pm, it was time for lunch for me, so I ordered a rib eye steak sandwich and another bottle of wine, this time the Hardy’s Merlot. There was a Brasiliera who came on in the afternoon to relieve Tim. Of course we talked about our Carnival experience and she told us about her new found life in Melbourne; she moved to Melbourne three months ago. Seven hours after we arrived, we left Kat Bahloo.

We finished off the day by lounging at Base. Meli did some reading and napping, I played Risk. A day like today was needed because tomorrow is a 12 hour tour of The Great Ocean Road! The video camera will make its international debut.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Leroy's Morning ReadLeroy's Morning Read
Leroy's Morning Read

Walking and reading
A Long Way GoneA Long Way Gone
A Long Way Gone

He can't put the book down...
Kat BahlooKat Bahloo
Kat Bahloo

Leroy is probably blogging, with the lovely bar of Kat Bahloo in the background
Tim and Lee at Kat BahlooTim and Lee at Kat Bahloo
Tim and Lee at Kat Bahloo

Leroy's new friend Tim, the friendliest guy ever. We also befriended the Brazilian bartendress who took over when his shift was done.
Blogs, IM, and Bailey BaileyBlogs, IM, and Bailey Bailey
Blogs, IM, and Bailey Bailey

I'm either blogging or IMing Bettina... either way, I'm happy. And that Bailey Bailey Shiraz didn't hurt either.
Bettina's Burkini PoseBettina's Burkini Pose
Bettina's Burkini Pose

This is for you, Bettina. Check us in Dubai!


1st April 2007

NO!!!!!!!!!!!
burkini NOOOOOOOOOOO.

Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 87; dbt: 0.1083s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb