Melting in Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » City Centre
March 7th 2013
Published: March 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We made it to Melbourne in 1 piece - as well as our luggage 😊 Flying in 1st class on a huge international flight is no so bad...those 14 hours went by pretty fast! After our 2nd dinner of the day, we had turndown service for our beds. They were completely flat complete w/ extra pillows, blankets, eye masks, and warm socks...and our sleeping pills of course. Sleeping came pretty easy after our ice cream sunday's - w/ our choice of chocolate sauce, carmel, cherries, nuts, whipped cream and/or sprinkles...I don't know if we can fly in economy for long flights any more!

Once we got here, we dropped our bags and hit the streets - -the very hot and humid streets - high of 34 today! (mid 90F w/ humidity on top of that) We found Al's old residence when he was here for school and also found his favorite terayki chicken spot for lunch 😊 It seems the people here are quite relaxed about work - people were streaming out of the buildings at 4pm! Al says the lazy people at home leave at 6 - no offence to anyone who leaves at 6! Maybe he just works too much...

Time to rest our feet after wandering about 8 miles - so much to see!

PS: the future is great! (3/7/13 @ 6:50pm - - probably about 1am at home in Denver)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



8th March 2013

Melting
You are in the right place at the right time, Al and Rachael! You EARNED those privileges of 1st class travel. Al is already a terrific tour guide. "May the Lord bless and protect you; may the Lord's face radiate with joy because of you; may He be gracious to you, show you His favor and give you His peace." Numbers 6:24-26 Wonderful lifetime prayer around the world. Love, Mom & Dad
8th March 2013

Good start
Good start to a wondrous vacation!

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb