Ramsay Street


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » City Centre
November 7th 2006
Published: November 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We finally made it to Melbourne! After missing a flight, yes you heard right! We missed our first flights, there were tears from Amanda considering we paid over what we should have for our tickets anyway due to the Melbourne Cup, all was not lost though, just had to wait a day at the airport and pay $50 each for the next flight, luckily we got on one and didnt have to fork out on accomodation and lose out on the accommadation we had pre paid in Melbourne. The guest house we stayed in was so hospitable and the staff were just excellent. The first day we did the tourist thing and went round the city, we were so suprised and loved Melbourne, its a small and lively, with such an amazing fast and efficient transport service (trams) Of course we found a wagamamas and in the eve we went to watch Saw 3 at the cinema, oh dear god it was so scary! Then for the best bit of all.........haha!

We made it to Ramsay Street! We were sad enough to do the tour! But it was so funny, cheesy pop videos all the way there, of past and present soap stars turned singers, so Amanda had a good sing song to Especially For You and the Locomation. We visited Erinsborough High(not really called this, as Erinsborough is a fictional place), the studios where we met Dillan (the baddy in the show, Stingrays brother) and saw the Capenters Mechanics and Grease Monkeys, and of course we got the autograph too! Next was Ramsay Street, its actually not called that at all, and is called Pin Oak Street. Its not as big as you would imagine, and the owners get compensated to move their cars one a week for filming and are security surveilled 24 hrs a day to stop vandals! If they want to paint or do up their houses they must contact Grundy the tv company as part of their contract.We hope you love the pictures and for all you Neighbour lovers out there, spot Harolds house!

After the tour we got tickets to the pub trivia night where you meet the stars of Neighbours, we couldnt dissapoint you guys! We met Paul Robinson (Steffan Dennis) Elle Robinson (Pippa Black...absoulte stuner) and Stingray (Ben something, he is doing Panto in the UK at xmas) it was so much fun. They come to your table for a chat and photos etc. Shame as Carl, Susan and Izzy are in the UK filming, Damn it! But it was great, sad we know but oh well! ENJOY!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb