Countdown to Christmas...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Carlton North
December 22nd 2008
Published: December 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello Hello!

Alright so once again it's been awhile since the last blog. Bad on me I suppose, but honestly not much has changed in the way of life...
So since the last blog what has happened...
Kevin arrived... did I talk about that last blog?! can't remember... anyways he is now here, still jobless unfortuantly, but that is ok. When it's plus 30 you can't complain to much about not working. 😊
It's great having him here, and we've toured Melbourne a ton... (including many many bars...) we've enjoyed the sites of St. Kilda which is the beach here in Melbourne, we've ventured to the Victorian Market, which is a HUGE farmers market of sorts... not only do they sell fresh food (veg, fruit, meat, seafood etc) They have an arrangment of cheap clothes, shoes and aussie souvineers. Anyone want a boomerang?? hat? shirt? name it, they've got it!!!
We've also ventured to the Dandenongs the mountains range just outside Melbourne. The whole household went (as in Libby, Tom, Kev and I) it poured rain the whole time, so it made the adventure a little cool, but we did end up crossing paths with some kangaroos so that really made the whole trip worth it!!! The roo's were huge, and at one point they hopped fairly close to us, which in turn made us all back up very very quickly. ha ha ha ha.

I've been working a few days a week at the cafe, and still enjoying it. The Christmas season has made it very busy, and Naomi and Mark ( owners) do much catering so the door never seems to be closed. It's a little tiring, but the money is good so no complaints from me!

Kevin and I are headed up to Queensland in January for 3 weeks to hit up the Great Barrier Reef (hopefully) Brisbane, the coast for some surfing as well as Sydney and the Blue Mountains. We' are driving back from Brisbane, and are really quite excited for our first road trip of Australia.

Christmas is a short few days away now, and the heat is coming on full force, as I believe it's about 35 today or so. Windy, but still hot. The weather overall up until this point has actually been quite cool for this time of year. Melbourne has been getting a TON of rain, which for the locals is great as the past 8 years or so they've been in a drought, so it's been welcomed. For us... well we're dealing with it....

Oh and of course last weekend we went to the Meredith Music Festival. A HUGE music festival about 2 hours out of Melbourne. It POURED rain, the entire time. We went through 5 ponchos, a flat of beer, a bottle of gin and of course a music festival staple a huge jug of Sangria!! It was a blast, but by Saturday night it was a mud fest. People were mud sliding, falling and dancing in the rain. Our own woodstock. The music was great, the people we met were wonderful--especially the random guys who fed us beer in there car while we warmed up from the rain-- and the memories will never be forgotten.

As I round out this blog, I want to express my love for all of you folks at home. I wish you a glorious beautiful holiday season, if you are travelling.. travel safe to your destinations. Each of you deserve the best in the coming year.

Much Love and missing you all dearly.

Love Shannon
xoxoxoxox



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb