Last day in Melbourne and some odd fellow travellers


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
June 22nd 2009
Published: July 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

09:00 Wake up feeling good.

10:00 Breakfast at Il Solito Posto, ate the best croissant since Janie and I lived in Nice.

10:30 Pop by the Dan Murphy's (wine & beer shop) to pick up some wine to bring back to Sydney.

11:00 Back in hotel room, pack up and write a blog.

12:00 Check out of Stamford Plaza and walk along the Southbank.

13:00 Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens--it's a gorgeous day and the gardens are beautiful.

13:45 Stop for lunch at the Arts Centre and sit in the sun. Eat prawns, salad and borek.

15:30 Hotel shuttle arrives, then picks up 2 women who refuse to get on the shuttle as they are on the phone. Driver almost leaves them but then decides to be nice. We're not sure why.

15:50 Take the Skybus to the airport. The Aussies really know how to make travel smooth.

16:10 Arrive at the airport and grab some snacks and watch some Family Guy on the computer. Lots of laughing out loud.

18:30 Plane takes off while the 2 women sitting behind us (not the same 2 women as before) talk about every ailment they have ever had in great detail the entire flight. Shane and I do whatever we can to try and not actually hear what they're saying, it's so gross.

20:00 Thank God, off the plane and away from the crazy ladies. Mission for drive-by pick-up at the departures terminal (ohh, tricky) is successful.

23:00 After Shane and I end our 3 hours of babbles and the four of us polish off a bottle of Torbreck Steading, Maja and Steve go to bed, no doubt deliriously happy to have us back.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

More GardensMore Gardens
More Gardens

(can you tell we liked it here?)


Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb