Experience Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
December 22nd 2008
Published: December 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Melbourne is definitely one of the best cities to experience in the world. Home to a never-ending program of festivals, world-reputable dining options, major art exhibitions and musical performances - this is the place to be!

There are many different things to do in Melbourne that cater for every type of traveller. When I travelled to Melbourne in September this year I was fortunate enough to enjoy the many wonders that Melbourne has to offer people from all corners of the World.

I had a wonderful experience at the Melbourne Zoo, where we had a guided tour around the immense Zoo. Lions, Giraffes, Elephants, Butterflies, Meer Kats, Primates… the list goes on! One of the special features that the Melbourne Zoo offer is an “Elephant Experience” where you are able to feed and pat an Elephant at the Zoo, where you will get your photo taken to get developed at their on-site Photoshop. This is a great way to get up and close to these majestic mammals. Something you will remember forever.

Another fantastic activity to do in Melbourne to is to board the iconic Colonial Tramcar Restaurant. Melbourne was the first in the World to create a moving restaurant, back in 1927. The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant has been styled with elegant Pullman Style décor. There are several different seating’s to choose from that varies in length and time. The luncheon that they offer goes for about two hours, starting after midday. There are also seating’s for early dinners that finish around 7.00pm and late dinners that finish around 11.30pm. I had the late dinner option, where we were served a five-course dinner with all of your alcohol included in the cost! I absolutely loved my experience on the Colonial Tramcar and would highly recommend this to anyone and everyone!

One of the highly anticipated, major events that is held in Melbourne each year is the Formula One ING Australian Grand Prix. This event is held in Albert Park that is transformed each year to cater for the hundreds of thousands of people that flock to Melbourne to see this event each year. Albert Park Grand Prix circuit is a purpose-built 5.3km racing track set around an artificial lake in the centre of the park. This is approximately 3km from the city centre of Melbourne and goes over four days in duration. A great option for the people who like to get their adrenaline pumping. A high-energy event that is a lot of fun.

A Global Ballooning tour in Melbourne is a great way to see the city of Melbourne from a birds-eye view! You will have an early start in the morning, where you will be transferred from your accommodation to meet with the representatives from Global Ballooning for a briefing of the day’s schedule. We all helped out with setting up the Hot Air Balloons in the morning, while the sun started to light the dark park around us. There was a short safety briefing we were all instructed to hop into the basket - all ten of us and assume the brace position, upon lifting off and landing again! Once we lifted off the ground it was a fast ascent into the sky and over Melbourne. It literally feels like your floating! You will be in the air for around an hour and a half which will fly by as you enjoy the scenic views over Melbourne. At the conclusion of the experience with Global Ballooning, a champagne breakfast is held which is a perfect way to finish the early morning in Melbourne. Time for some shopping!

The shopping in Melbourne is fantastic and can only be enjoyed with at least a couple of days to really explore the shopping opportunities in Melbourne. Your trip to Melbourne won’t be complete without exploring the many boutique galleries, huge outlet stores and so much more that you can only experience yourself!

Advertisement



26th December 2008

Good start!
A good start to your writing endeavor! Will be watching , and reading your future blogs. I have been to melbourne, but have not tried that moving restaurant and am too afraid to go hot air ballooning. Will give it a thought next time I visit. You may want to add more to your melbourne blog too......as there are also many other things to do there. Like driving towards Ocean Road? Keep it up!
30th December 2008

Thanks for your comment!
Hiya thanks for your comment, much appreciated :-). I will be going to Matarangi for New year so I think that will be the next blog I will write about. Have a great new year!

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb