Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Brunswick
November 15th 2007
Published: December 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

All went very smoothly with the flight, but I think we'd both forgotten (possibly by choice) what a nightmare it can be getting from the airport to the hostel with a 20 kilo backpack!! We arrived to find that the airport at Avalon (the smaller Melbourne airport) was actaully more chaotic than Larnaca Airport!! When we did eventually get our tickets and Any had eventually got our bus tickets to town we had to navigate our way out. The bus journey seemed to take forever, and even though we'd paid for a ticket that dropped us closer to our hostel the bus driver left everyone at the bus terminal and drove off!! It was a nightmare getting out of the terminal and then getting our head around the chaos that greeted us outside, there were trams and cars all honking at us and no-one seemed to know what tram we needed to catch to get to to the hostel. When we eventually got on the tram we had no idea how to pay for the tiket, so gave up trying in the end, and rode for free!! Ah well!! We did make it to our hostel in one piece, although when we were shown to our room I nearly cried, it was horrid, but thankfully when I enquired about another room, we were taken to a lovely one that, although was huge, was pretty much empty, and in a much better state than the previous one!!

Once we were settled we went our in search of the supermarket to stock up on noodles for the week (after a rather pricey week in Sydney we were back to a severe budget in mebourne). After some dinner our evening was spend watching Pirates of the Caribbean before we roled into bed!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb