Victoria - Your Garden State


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Brighton
September 7th 2008
Published: September 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 30
Head to the airport and its only tiny so saun ter around the gift shops then wait for our wee plane. Head back to melbourne, do a little food shop the Nicola makes us a lovely chicken catchatori .
Day 31
Get up early to do our blog and load photos on. Luke's computer doent have what we need to upload so we head into an internet cafe to do this. The cafe is the same so still no photos and we have hundereds now to upload. Browse around shops then head back. Luke's mate Alan (drummer in How Now) pops round and fixs Luke's pc so we can upload so thats great. Luke cooks dinner for us some tasty lamb. Try some balieys and cointreu mmm tastes like chocolate orange.

Day 32
Lovely day so we walk to brighton beach and back. Luke makes us a classic aussie dish chicken parmasana with his own twist so good could eat this every night!

Day 33
Off to New Gisborne to visit Nicola's auntie Sarah and her cousin Jill and the twins. A few train journeys later we arrive, beautiful counrtyside here. We meet everyone and Lily and Max (aged 4) have made us pictures which is sweet. Have lunch then Sarah takes us for a look round Gisbourne. Head back for a walk with the kids, pushing them in these little bike things. At night Sarah takes us out for dinner at the Telegraph. Delicious meal! Back to Sarah's where we are staying for a blether then early night.

Day 34
Jill takes us out for the day we visit the beautiful hotel where she works and shows us around the grounds. Then we head to Hanging Rock where we walk round the discovery centre and we see the rock formation. We drive up to the Hanging Rock Winery, passing lots of animals, horses, sheep, and even highland cows! At the winery we sample about 8 red wines! Then we head back to Woodend for a nice lunch. Back home see the kids for a bit then Sarah drops us at the train station.
Nicola makes us some tasty tuna pasta and we set about rattling our way through more bevvy. Luke comes home and we have a wee singsong and more drunken antics.

Day 35
Wake up a tad rough and Luke makes us some aussie burgers on the BBQ. Excellent hangover cure. Nicola nad Luke head out to a friends at Phillip Island for the night. Hollie and I try a chinese but its rank so we go to the chippy instead and watch Edward Scissorhands.

Day 36
spend the day lazing about washing etc. Later on we go the pub to watch Luke's mates play. Good band, have a few drinks then off to a malasian restuarant. Nice food very similar to thai and indian, very tasty. Few drinks and some CSI at home.

Day 37

Trot to the post office send some packages home, go into town to collect our greyhoud bus pass. Have brunch in a nice little cafe in the city. Nicola and Luke prepare our first aussie BBQ, totally stuffed as we get a lift to the bus station. Say goodbye to Nicola and Luke so grateful for all they have done for us and had so much fun staying in melbourne! will miss them.










Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

A highland cooA highland coo
A highland coo

In Australia?
NicolaNicola
Nicola

Back on the bongo


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb