E & J Nomads - Mallacoota Week 4


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mallacoota
May 29th 2014
Published: May 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Farewell to John & YvonneFarewell to John & YvonneFarewell to John & Yvonne

A farewell morning tea for the Revd. John Grace & his wife Yvonne at St. Peters Church Mallacoota
Well as the title of this Blog confirms it's now been 4 weeks since we arrived at Mallacoota and our second two weeks have been completely different from our first two weeks. As was reported in our previous Blogs our first two weeks saw us relaxing by the water, enjoying the weather, the views and the walks. Our second two weeks however has seen us working at St Peter's Church undertaking a list of tasks that Revd. Roger provided us with and Evelyn helping out in the Op Shop.

We have certainly enjoyed the challenge which once again has seen God put us out of our comfort zone. We have fixed a couple of holes inside the church that were caused by white ants and stripped back and sanded the Church doors, removing the old marine varnish which was a struggle at times and applied a base coat followed by two coats of varnish (see pictures).

Our next task was to remove two outside corner posts that had been affected by white ants and Colin & Sue Prowd were coming to Mallacoota to give us a hand. Colin & Sue are friends and BCA Nomads from Holy Trinity in
St Peter's Church doorsSt Peter's Church doorsSt Peter's Church doors

As they were before we started.
Hastings. Colin and Sue arrived late on Sunday 25th May and we had a quick chat and made arrangements to meet the next day ready to start work. However 10 minutes after arriving they received a phone call to say that there was a family illness and they needed to return to Melbourne. So on Monday morning after we had said goodbye to them they started the 500+ kilometre trip back. We would ask that you all include Colin, Sue and there family in your prayers.

On Sunday 25th May Revd. Roger announced that the Bishop had contacted Revd. John Grace and asked? him to be in Westernport (Lang Lang, Koo Wee Rup and Corinella) by Sunday 1st June to help out due to an illness with the current Minister. So on Tuesday 27th May we were invited to a farewell meal at Roger & Suzanne’s to say goodbye to John & Yvonne. A sad time as we were looking forward to the opportunity of getting to know John & Yvonne when we moved our caravan to the Manse on Wednesday 5th June. A meal at Roger & Suzanne’s is something to look forward to as Roger is an excellent cook.

Thursday 29th May and we have finally finished the Church doors, applied the final coat of varnish, and yes we did make sure we sanded between coats. The doors look great and it was good to finish this task.

Friday 30th May will see us working in Maureen's garden. She has a dead creeper that needs removing from a trellis on the side of the house. We will also be mowing the lawns ready for Maureen's return on Wednesday 4th June. We have really enjoyed our time house & Dog sitting. It has been an unexpected pleasure and once again God has been good to us and we thank Him for all he provides us with especially His Love & Grace.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



30th May 2014

reply to last report from the Nomads.
Well, it is easy to see who has been doing ALL the door work. Who is the lady ?????? standing with her hands in her pocket ????

Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1983s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb