Hippie-ville Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Hawthorn East
May 30th 2012
Published: June 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

The most Easterly PointThe most Easterly PointThe most Easterly Point

And a beautiful rainbow :)
The weather was warm over the weekend in Byron Bay but also quite wet! The first day was warm but the sun had set by 5:30pm, which was a shock! It was quiet as it wasn't peak season, which was nice 😊 but we soon discovered that it was the winter rain that put most tourists off! We did the walk to the lighthouse at cape Byron and got caught in a torrential downpour! We did however, manage to see a beautiful rainbow over the sea at the most Easterly point in Australia!

One day we stayed on the beach to watch the sunset over the bay and saw a school of dolphins swimming around the wreck of an old boat. It was very special! We finished the night off with delicious fish and chips on the front!

I had a total blast from the past when I met up with an old friend from back home in Byron! He took us on a tour of the area and drove us to a less well known trail known as broken head. The view was awesome, albeit a bit treacherous over the rocks but the surprise was that we ended up at a gay nudist beach!!! Fortunately I didn't get too close!!!! I did get to see lots of aussie surfers (fully clothed!!) further round the bay though!

It's true- Byron is a total hippie chilled out place with great vibes- not sure if I could live there permanently but defo a must-see if you are in Aus!! I totally just embraced the culture and went to see a tarot card reader and had my aura photographed! I came back feeling fresh and very chilled out- can't be bad 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb