!!!!!!!!!! SNOW SNOW SNOW !!!!!!!!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Hastings
February 15th 2014
Published: February 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

On Tuesday 11th February we had our first snow fall at Albrighton since we arrived. The morning started with heavy rain and then before our eyes it turned into snow, large flakes of snow like large pieces of white paper. Although at first the snow did not stick because the ground was wet it did eventually and we were treated to a white landscape. But it then disappeared as quickly as it arrived and we had a bright sunny afternoon. On our way to Tea Cosies for our weekly fix of tea, cake and chats the low lying fields and dips in the side roads were again topped up with more unwanted rain water.

On Wednesday 12th February it was again a cold and wet morning but this did not stop us heading off to the 9.30am Holy Communion & Bible study service at St Marys and we were rewarded with a dry walk. After the service it was off to our local café 'The Next Door Café' where we are known to the staff as "Two Lattes in a Mug" we are not sure which one of us is the Mug?? When we left the cafe the weather had turned nasty so we treated ourselves to a taxi.

Wednesday evening we attended the St Chads Annual Dinner & Quiz night held at the 'Horns of Boningale’ pub. Although the pub is only a 20 minute walk from the Manor house we were picked up by Trevor, a friend and one of the St Chads wardens, and just as well as the whole of the UK was hit by more storms, heavy rain and wind gusts of up to 100 miles per hour. Many areas were blacked out and fallen trees caused major disruptions to road and train travel. Again God smiled on us and the area around The Horns and The Manor house was spared.

The St Chads Annual Dinner & Quiz night was attended by approx. 50 people who enjoyed a great 3 course meal, drinks at bar prices and the quiz which consisted of 45 questions. Our table came second and so we won 3 large Easter eggs, one per couple, plus in the raffle that followed Evelyn and Christina (from the Manor house) won 3 prizes, all boxes of Cadbury's chocolates. So Evelyn left the dinner with lots of CHOCOLATE and was she happy with this !!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Flooded RoadFlooded Road
Flooded Road

This is Church Lane heading to St Chads
Evelyn & ChristinaEvelyn & Christina
Evelyn & Christina

Christina is the 14 year old daughter of Bob the owner of the Manor
St Chads Annual DinnerSt Chads Annual Dinner
St Chads Annual Dinner

The quiz answers are provided
St Chads Annual DinnerSt Chads Annual Dinner
St Chads Annual Dinner

Pam & T draw the raffles


17th February 2014

Congrat's
Well yo've done it! Got your snow.....and according to our news, metres of water, half of the UK under water and the other half mostly blown away. well done. Perhaps you could make your prayers a little less fervent! Our weather has moderated lately.....just summer without the knockout temperatures. We have been picking, preserving and drying lots of apples, cherries, peaches, plums, and prunes, blueberries. We have lots of avocados as well. There have been huge bush fires, and the open cut coal mine is on fire in Morwell...and will take weeks to kill it. Stay well and warm. Love and Prayers, Don and Ruth.

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb