AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Hastings
January 31st 2014
Published: January 31st 2014
Edit Blog Post

!!!!!!!!!!NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!



This report, apparently official, at 8.10am on Thursday 30th January 2014 the Harpers experienced the first SNOW flurry at Boningale Manor - Is there more to come????????? - Stay tuned to this Blog !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We would like to thank all those who have placed comments on this Blog and for those who have emailed regarding the previous Blog page 'A WEEK OF PRAYER AND FRIENDSHIP' especially relating to Church Unity. It has been great to hear your views regarding this issue.

Sunday 26th January Australia Day, Evelyn's first as an Australian citizen and unfortunately she was not in Australia to celebrate it. Here in the UK it's not mentioned in any of the media and the only reference we came across was during the tennis final when they had a quick look at the fireworks.

Still we did not miss out as friends from St Chads, Pauline & Nick were holidaying in Australia last Australia Day, invited us to Sunday lunch along with two other friends from St Chads, Ken Aston & Anne Griffiths. We were treated to a great meal starting with an entree of Salmon in pastry with a green salad followed
Celebrating with friends - EvelynCelebrating with friends - EvelynCelebrating with friends - Evelyn

The floggers were home made - Go the Green & Gold
by roast beef & Yorkshire pudding with roast potatoes and steamed vegetables and gravy. Dessert was bread & butter pudding (made with panacotta) and fruit & cream. We also had Australian red & white wine however most of the names of the Australian wines here in the UK are unfamiliar to us and with names like 'Kangaroo Paw', ‘Koala Grey’ or ‘Goanna’ it is obvious they are labelled to entice the people here to buy them.

Our contribution to the afternoon was to obtain an Australian flag, make some green & gold floggers and make a green & gold sign (see the pictures attached).


We had a great day - Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi



Monday 27th January we were invited to a meal at the Manor house to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. Bob has been so good to us. We were treated to another great meal this time starting with crusty bread and olive oil & balsamic vinegar dip then a main meal of roasted Goose (see picture) with roasted vegetables & steamed vegetables, Yorkshire pudding and stuffing balls. Desert was a Battenberg cake with custard. We also had Red & White wine and champagne. Another great day and another great meal.

Tuesday 28th January was our 2nd wedding anniversary so we decided to walk to the Albrighton Garden centre. This might sound strange but they have a great restaurant. We decided to splash out, so armed with a discount voucher giving us two meals for £10 we sat down to a great meal of fish, chips & mushy peas.


JUST AS WELL WE WALK EVERYWHERE


GIVEN HOW WELL WE ARE FED




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



31st January 2014

To our wandering children.
You certainly are getting into a lot of doors, with your visiting. Our weather is starting to settle a bit an over this weekend it will be in the mid 30s, and possibly 41 on Sunday. We are bitting the bullet and have a friend of the guy next door coming to assess what we need in airconditioning. till next time if we have not melted luvs ya both Val & Ken No2
31st January 2014

Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi
Glad you could celebrate Australia Day and I am over the moon that you now have snow. Hope some of this heat we are having goes before you come home. You are eating really well so yes it is good that you walk everywhere.

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb