Start of our road trip!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Great Ocean Road
August 4th 2008
Published: August 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Right well we're on day two of our six day road trip and both of us can now say we've driven an automatic car and driven in Australia (although I only drove around a car park!).
At the minute we're in a place called Apollo Bay which is on the Great Ocean Raod. It's very quiet but really chilled and the veiws are AMAZING! We're also just on the beach so we've had an ickle walk along the golden sands.
I was REALLY freaked out about driving out of Melbourne but it wasn't so bad in the end and Ben seemed really confident (although later he told me he wasn't brimming with confidence!). The views along the Great Ocean Road are truly awe inspiring and it's hard not to pull over every few minutes to take in another proper look. We stopped off in a place yesterday called Torquay which is (so many of the place names here share British names e.g. Peterborough (!), Brighton, Anglesea) Australia's surfing capital. There's fixed BBQ's along the public green's if anyone wants to throw a shrimp on them!
From there we visited a place called Lorne and had a walk in our first Australian rainforrest. We went to a place called 'Teddy's Lookout' which absolutely took our breath away and once again had stunning views. Am slightly worried I may get a bit too blase about all these fantastic natural sights but hopefully not.
Neighbours excursion was fab, although I don't think Ben would share that opinion! We got to go to Erinsborough High, walk around Ramsey Street and met Janelle Timons (who? - I'm Neighbour old school!). Ramsey street is sooooo much smaller in reality and there's only 6 houses that are all lived in.
Oh, forgot to say, yesterday just before we checked out of our Melbourne hotel we got stuck in the lift! At first I was very chilled but having to ring alarms and the constant jolting of the lift began to make me nervous! Luckily we were only stuck for about 15 mins and at least my mind was taken off the future drive out of the city!
Right, guess we'd better get going, will hopefully see the Tweleve Apostles today which is a series of rocks out of the sea - lots amaxing in pictures!
Have tried to load some piccies but last two computers aren't playing - when we do fine one that does the job, they'll be thousands!

Advertisement



5th August 2008

Hi Jo and Ben, Really pleased you are having such an amazing time, really enjoying reading all your travel blogs, keep them coming! Di xXx

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb