Trip to Torquay!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Great Ocean Road » Torquay
February 11th 2011
Published: February 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ok so today we woke up and made our way down to Sorrento to catch the 12pm ferry across to Queenscliffe. (For you Tassie folk, thats going from one side of the bay across the heads to the other side.

The crossing was really calm, we stayed in the van with Maxibon and slept the whole way, (unlike me, I know!!)

Anyway, so when we got there.. The fun started!!

The GPS woman kept getting herself confused (I'm still undecided as to how helpful they are at times :-S!). We began to head toward our destination, Torquay and ended up in Ocean Grove along the way.

Whilst we were there we thought we'd fill up on fuel, get the gas bottles filled and do a food shop. We went to the local hardware store to get the gas bottles filled and later found out they don't fill gas bottles lol!

Anyway, when we turned into the car park, one of the BIKES FELL OFF THE BIKE RACK! So Brady got out took the other bike off, bent the bike rack back into shape (Lord knows how it bent?) and sent me inside to get a few washers and a G-Clamp. He screwed the number plate back on and the G-Clamp on and away we went!

We followed the GPS and headed to the BP servo, except when we got there, THE SERVO WASN'T THERE! So we headed to another servo to get the gas bottled filled and we were told to wait half an hour. So we went and did a food shop where we bought meat and pasta for spag bol for dinner, but no sauce because we already had heaps of sauces Greg bought before we left!

Anyway, we headed back to get our gas botles about 40 minutes later so they should have been ready but the guy forgot about them and we had to wait, AGAIN!

After we collected them, we went and filled up and were on our way. We got to Torquay and Torquay has NO caravan parks that allow dogs, NO free campsites and much to Brady's disgust, NO surf! So we got even grumpier and headed 20 KM's back toward MElbourne and found a campsite that allows dogs...

...and what a campsite it is! For $25 you get a powered site with your own ensuite, awesome!

We started to set up and I plugged the van in, and the electricity wouldn't work! So I went to complain, and she told me to turn it on at the switchbnoard hahaha... blonde moment!

Brady went to take the bikes off the bike rack and somewhere on our trip, WE LOST THE G-CLAMP lol!

I started to cook dinner and realised of all the sauces, none of them were spag bol sauces, haha... you gotta laugh dont you??

Anyway, I showered, fed and now I'm gunna sleep!! NIGHT ALL! x

P.S. Justin, sorry theres no photos. What can I say, I'm just a shit person lol!

Advertisement



11th February 2011

Trip to Torqouay
Well if you iron all the bugs out on Day 1, the other 364 should go smoothly! Sleep tight and sweet dreams. Love you. xx
14th February 2011

Motherrr :)
I'm sure there will be plenty more bugs to be ironed out haha! It's actually funny when you look back at it lol! love you xox
14th February 2011

horse raddish
haha sounds eventful. what sauce did you use for the pasta? did you get all fancy with a carbonara, or lay it low with a simple tomato?
18th February 2011

junk mail
hi beautiful children it was great to see you last night we got home okay hope u have a lovely weekend in bright, iron out those bugs before you head further up the country. Found blog in junk mail like you said thanks lucy take care luv u mum

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.094s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb