Tuesday 19th October


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Great Ocean Road » Torquay
October 22nd 2010
Published: October 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

So an early one for mum, up at 5am!! I however managed to stay in bed tell 7:30am. It was such a cold night it felt like we were sleeping ina icebox. I managed to get a heater out of the other camp before the rest of the crew set of to Bendigo for the next show.

Left the showgrounds at about 9am with plans of going to the Great Ocean Road. Fist place to get through........ Torquay!! With a quick stop of at the supermarket for supplies we were on our way to the 12 apostles along the Great Ocean Road. The view of the coast line is beautiful. We were driving along the coast the whole way. I spotted some dolphins but mum missed them (as she is the driver!) but luckly we stopped for some lunch at one of the view points and watched the pod of dolphins riding the waves. Once we left the view sopt we were still able to see them for another half hour.

Driving along and mum decided to share something with me... She is still wearing her PJ’s under her trousers and also that she has no bra on!! She has taken to being a backpacker faster than I though possible!! (Mum is now making me add this “my excuse is it was sooooo cold and I needed the bathroom so just threw some clothes on over the PJ’s and the rest is history!!!”

Suddenly out of nowhere these massive pieces of rock (also known as the 12 Apostles) appeared. They were quite amazing from far and on the lookout point even better. Not far up the road there are some more. 1 being called the London Bridge.

After we stopped at I have no idea how many view points we made it to Warnambal. We found a camp site, got checked in and sorted. Only problem was there was no water on the park so was waiting for it to get fixed. Now that we have food in the van we cooked some dinner and sat out in the sun but once that sun went in it got COLD!! Time for the heater to come out. It made it so warm in here it was lovely and then it broke. It wouldnt do anything, after I tried and Mum tried I went for a bit of brut force and bangin it worked!! As exspected it stopped again. This time I was ready for it to go in the bid but mum kept it and it seddenly burst back into life just before bed. Thankfully the camp wasnt quite as cold as the night before!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb