Australia. Geelong.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Geelong
February 18th 2016
Published: February 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Torquay to Geelong
Moby’s for breakfast on the Esplanade. A bit of an eccentric place but serving excellent food. Porridge was with quinoa and laced with all sorts of touches including mint. Very tasty I believe. A nice run out if town along the beech front before taking the Horseshoe bend road towards Geelong. Straight as a die apart from, of course the horseshoe bend. After taking left and going on Boundary Road towards Waurn Ponds Station we were offered a bit of adventure in the form of a post and wire fence and locked gate ahead. This was just after the point where I was overtaken by a kangaroo 15 months ago. Never to be deterred we took off our panniers and hoofed our bikes over the fence and trotted across the bypass onto the cycle way on the other side. Next time I need to travel along the Torquay road to the next junction to collect this new cycle way in order to regain my credentials as a half decent tour leader. This was not out first enforced deviation today since the cycleway off Pigdon Road was closed so we could not go on the planned route alongside Wandana Heights to the top of the hill on the Winchelsea road. This meant a series of hills which saw Don walking, especially the one up to my son Paul’s house. Here we had a welcome brew of tea and some biscuits to replenish our depleted energy reserves. Nice to see Paul, Kat, Harvey and Austin. Poor Harvey got on his bike and was prepared to set off with us and then sobbed continuously when we left without him. The poor boy was distraught at the cruelty. Shame on granddad. We went past Buckley Falls xmd the old Four Mill before descending to the Barwon River and following it into town. A short run up to the Hotel Mercure and we were home and dry ready for a rest day in Geelong. A Chinese banquet with birthday boy Paul Heneghan rounded off a perfect day and a perfect week on the Great Ocean Road.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb