Melbourne Cup!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Flemington
November 6th 2007
Published: November 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Melbourne Cup Day!! Such a big event in Victoria that everyone gets the day off work - and 110,000 folk pack into Flemington Race Course for the racing event of the year.


This week is actually the kinda main week of the racing season - the Melbourne Cup Carnival, with four big race meets happening over the week. It’s really massive - might even be bigger than the footie, which was massive!


The weather was fab - roastin hot and sunny. We arrived at Flemington at about 11am and soon found a spot to set up camp just in front of the finishing line.


Such a fantastic atmosphere - I was on the verge of wearing shorts and a t-shirt - if I had, I’d have been the only one - everyone was seriously well dressed up, even although we were just in the general admission area.


Neither of the two of us won anything - we had 2nds and 3rds in just about each race - unreal, but defo well worth going to.


We left the races at about 4pm and went for a wee night out in St. Kilda - not going to be easy getting up for work in the morning!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The GirlsThe Girls
The Girls

Scrubbed up well!
KelKel
Kel

Enjoying the Melbourne bubbly
FlemingtonFlemington
Flemington

The finishing line
The posh seats!The posh seats!
The posh seats!

How the other side live!
At the beachAt the beach
At the beach

Great way to spend a Tuesday evening!


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb