Bob & Debs Caravan Trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Echuca
March 16th 2015
Published: March 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 24 – 16/03/2015



Went to Bandicoot Brewery down on the Midland Highway in Echuca South. Only a small brewery just kicking off, but already having their beer sold in pubs in Echuca & Bendigo. Their bottled beer (in aluminium stubbies) are soon to be available in Melbourne. Drinking from a glass straight from the vat tap, I could not resist the Barbed Wire Blonde, available in 330ml stubbies at 5.4%!a(MISSING)lcohol volume, investing in some to take home. That is of course if they don’t disappear beforehand!



Then it was off to the Echuca Workers & Services Club for their Monday lunch/dinner special: T-bone steak with either chips & salad or veggies, also including a choice of sauces & a drink for a measly $11. Makes you wonder how they can make any money on these.



On the way back to the caravan park, we stopped off at St Anne’s Winery tasting shed for Deb to sample a few offerings. Eventually she settled on the White Moscato to take home, if it lasts that long!



After a couple of shaslicks/satay sticks & scalloped potatoes on the BBQ with some nice refreshments, we took the camera with us on a long walk down to a spot on the river where we could get a long shot of the huge Echuca Wharf, followed by some photos of a few of the paddle steamers before returning to the caravan exhausted. A hot cuppa while writing the blog, followed by a nice shower & bed.



What a way to finish our last day in Echuca!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb