Sunday Travels


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Dandenong
January 21st 2007
Published: January 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi folks, we are now settled in with John and Margaret. This morning Bob and I finished working out what we wanted to do whilst over in Victoria and now have a full list of things to do for the rest of the time we are here.

Today was another wet day, we did have some warm sunny spells but certainly not anything to be able to enjoy!

I drove us all (Bob and I have been put on John's car insurance so that we can drive around and visit what we want whilst over here) up to the Dandenong Ranges and on to Olinda State Forest where we walked through the beautiful fern glades and where we saw the Kookaburra and lovely vivid coloured parrots. We also walked up to Olinda Falls and although the walk was beautiful and the smell divine with the Eucalyptus the water fall was a bit of a disappointment, I suppose due to the recent drought, there wasn't really much of a fall more of a trickle!

We went to the Skyline Dandenong Range Observation Lookout where we could see the whole of Melbourne in the distance but because the weather was murky and gray there wasn't really a very good view. We were going to visit the William Ricketts Sanctuary which displays his Sculptors of Aboriginal figures but the weather really wasn't very good for taking that in and enjoying the feel so we have decided to go back next week to view this as it is only a short distance from where John and Margaret live.

We therefore went to a local cafe for a "Devonshire Tea" (certainly not with the proper clotted cream) and then walked round a few antique shops before returning for drinks at their local club.

Bob and I are now getting sorted for an early start tomorrow, as John will be dropping us off at the local railway station for our day at the Australian Open.

Unfortunately I can't put up any photo's at the moment as John's computer doesn't have a USB port but hopefully I'll be able to do some of that when we visit Natalie and Mark next week.

Love to everyone Bob and Helen


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb