Mt Kosciusko/Cobram


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Cobram
January 24th 2013
Published: January 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Mt KosciuskoMt KosciuskoMt Kosciusko

Look out with friendly bikies who wanted to be in our photo!
Camped in Mt Kosciusko National Park this evening, ready for the climb tomorrow. Very windy road to get here but great location. Arrived at the chair lift at the ski village of Thredbo at opening time to get to the start of the walk asap. Weather was perfect as it was cooler than the last few days and the track was amazing with metal gridding all the way, to prevent the ground cover from being damaged. Scenery was great with many many hikers on the trail enjoying the day.

Camping tonight right next to the Murray River so the bubbling sound of the constant flowing water will definitely assure a good sleep. We even soaked our aching muscles in the river and to also reduce our body temperature as once again we are in the 30 plus degrees C.

Followed the road by the Murray and had an amazing swim in it at Albury. We copied the locals who got in the river on one side of the park, letting the current sweep them along around the bend to the other side of the park where they got our and repeated it again. Great fun!

We ended up
Mt KosciuskoMt KosciuskoMt Kosciusko

Summit. Knocked the bastard off!
camping by it once more near the town of Cobram but this time alongside maybe 40 tents full of young backpackers up here picking fruit. Needless to say the blaring music coming from all directions was not to our taste what with constant “techno” and “whaling sounds” from somewhere else it was hard to think. Thankfully this only lasted a couple of hours as they all crashed early in order to be fresh for the next day’s picking.

Today we have moved further along the river where it is much quieter. We have a beautiful sandy beach in front of us and can see kangaroos on the NSW bank on the far side coming down to have a drink. The river water is just so warm that we can just walk into it and cool down if need be as once again we have a cloudless sunny day. Pete is attempting to learn the keyboard too so hope he puts the earplugs in!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb