Slow trip Toowoomba to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Bairnsdale
March 18th 2014
Published: March 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we moved to Bairnsdale and after setting up and doing the mundane things like cleaning and grocery shopping we set out in the afternoon to explore the town and surrounding area.

Eagle Point was the first stop for a quick look and then onto Paynesville and Wattyl Point. I must say, there was a huge contrast of scenery. One minute we were in open sheep country and then the sleepy little lake and fishing area of Eagle Point and then onto Paynesville which I would call millionaires row. I.e. Just about every house has a boat of some sort with the majority I would have to guess to be well over $100k each and then all the newish/large houses. Etc. It definitely looks like the boom area.

Heading down to Wattyl Point was then another major change as one minute you are driving beside wheat stubble fields and the next into natural Wattyl, Banksia and Grass Tree bushlands.

The Grass Trees (Black Boys) would have to be the largest we have ever seen. See Photos.

The Mitchell River Park we are stopping in is quite nice and our site is right on the river with a short walk into town. There is also a walking path that goes past the park and around a river circuit that I did early this morning. A brisk walk of 5.2kms. Some of it more brisk that the rest as it passes through and under quite a large bat/flying fox colony.

That's all for now as we are heading off for a day trip up the Alpine Way to Bruthen and Buchan.

Enjoy life.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb