great ocean road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Apollo Bay
May 20th 2006
Published: May 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well hello there,
today we left Melbourne and headed on down to the great ocean road - i must say it is spectacular!!! the scenery right from the start is out of this world. The ocean is the Southern ocean which is the one which connects with the South Pole, so no swimmign today -otherwise might freeze to death. We caught a bus which is part of a tour down to Apollo bay, and the driver was really cool and informative. We stopped for lunch and were surrounded by koalas - they were all snoozy in the trees, but we were really lucky and got to see loads moving around - still quite slowly though. AND we also saw the lighthouse where 'Round the Twist' was filmed - remember that weird programme on when we were kids?

We were dropped off in Apollo bay, at the most amazing, brand spanking new hostel, which is an ECO Lodge, so all new agey and cool, and it is sooo gleamingly clean and sparkly. There is even a massive wood burner in the lounge!!!!

Had a bit of an explore, and went in search of a new book - Hey, what the hell is up with the ending of the Da Vinci code - a little behind the times i know, but what a let down - i guessed ages ago! So, did our laundry - again - how smelly we are, and shrank my new jumper 😞 which i currently in the process of streching after a massive meal of pasta and fresh veges - ahhh what a good taste - never again will i moan about carrots and veges!!!!

We have a full day here tomorrow and then catching up with the tour bus again the day after the head on over the Port Campbell where the twelve apostles are. very excited about that. Piccies are from today and the beautiful sights, aparantly we were really lucky with the weather - its usually grey cloudy and raining this time of year - hard to believe!

Chramanda/Amandaris

Advertisement



20th May 2006

amanda and chris glad to hear you have got a brill hostel to stay in and i must say the piccies look wonderful glad the weather has been kind to you maybe chris is hitting the right sun notes on his big long thick thing keep up the good work chris,byeeee love mum

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb