Waratah, Tasmania


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Waratah
January 17th 2011
Published: February 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

15 - 16 January 2011

Heading north from Strahan we landed at Waratah which was a quiet little picturesque town with a lovely waterfall right in the middle of town. At first glance of the campground, we were a little apprehensive as it was quite a strange set up but it ended up being really good and we met some nice people from Leichhardt.

From here, we spent a day at Cradle Mountain where we did the 6km Dove Lake circuit which is located at the base of Cradle Mountain. It is a very beautiful area and we went a little crazy with the camera. We had this random perfect clear sunny day which was pretty lucky considering how much rain we've been having. This part of Tassie is known for it's erratic weather and large amount of rain fall. Reef handled the walk by himself and Oscar was surprisingly well behaved in the pack. We spotted a big tiger snake next to the formed track which we had to walk past.

We also thought we'd try a roast at the local pub while we were in Waratah which was a mistake. We were presented with a reheated frozen meal and then the blinds were closed half way through our meal by the grumpy owner, who clearly wanted us (the only customers) out of there as soon as possible. Guess the cricket must have been on?...

Can't forget the bathrooms at Waratah - heaters in the showers! Wow, that's a first. And free use of the washing machine and dryer - wow again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0862s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb