Grant and Rae's Oz Trip Feb/Mar 2014


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
March 2nd 2014
Published: March 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Back at Kingston Beach now........had a great couple of days up at Freychinet National Park.

Managed to find an RC mass at the local "community church" in Bicheno - only happens once every 4 weeks". We had a peripatetic priest who covered quite a wide parish.

We then bought some picnic lunch stuff and headed off for Freycinet, about 30 mins drive away.

Then we set off on our 11 kilometre walk up one of the Hazards to the Wineglass Bay lookout, then down to the beach at Wineglass Bay, then over to Great Oyster Bay where we had our lunch sitting on the beach looking at Refuge Island, and then back to the start. It took us about 4.5 hours, including various stops and lunch. There was a "beach" wallaby at Wineglass Bay, complete with a joey in her pouch! Although it had started off wet in the morning, it turned out to be a beautiful day - even though yesterday was the first day of Autumn!

On the way back we stopped off at Spikey Bridge, built by the convicts - very interesting structure!

Got back and had takeaway pizza and a well-earned glass of wine.

Managed to skype Gillian and Lisa and the girls - Francis is off at Silverstone to do his first half-marathon...........go, old fella, go!

Visit into Hobart tomorrow where we hope to go on the Mona Roma to see the renowned art gallery.

Pics are: trekking territory, Wineglass Bay lookout, Clare, James and Rae, beach wallaby, picnic area, Spikey Bridge.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb