Hobart


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
January 3rd 2011
Published: January 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1 - 2 January 2010

We spent the first couple of days of 2011 in Hobart. What a gorgeous little city! It was buzzing when we were there as the yachts had just arrived following the Sydney To Hobart and there was the Taste Festival along with various other "happenings" all over town.

We walked through all the yachts and parts of the festival where we learnt about tiger snakes and copperhead snakes. Had fish n chips at the port from one of the sheds which was delicious..

We checked out Mt Wellington and were once again reminded how unprepared we let ourselves become. At the bottom of the mountain it was a hot clear day so we didn't think twice about rolling up the mountain in our thongs. Once we were up at the summit, it started snowing on us! At least we had our rain coats but didn't help the frost bitten feet at all. Nonetheless, it was a great view and the rock texture and formations were amazing.

We also visited the Royal Botanical Gardens which were absolutely gorgeous.

Hobart is a great city, especially at that time of the year. It's really buzzing and there's plenty to see and do. See you again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb