The Beautiful Tasmania


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
January 27th 2006
Published: February 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Before we left for Thailand, MN and I went to Tasmania for a couple of days. Lyndsey & Helen had gone the previous weekend, but we still wanted to go to the Open, so we changed our flight. For those who don't know what Tasmania is, its an island off of Australia, but it's considered part of Australia, the eighth state. Anyway, there's much to see there and we only had two days so we had to be picky. There were two hikes we really wanted to do, so we rented a car and headed on our way.
The first one was Wineglass Bay, it was a good drive away, but so worth it. It was absolutely amazing! It was about a 4 hour hike and some of it was along the beach and alot of it along cliffs that ran parallel with the beach, it was unbelievable!
We were pretty tired, but decided to get up the next morning and go to Cradle Mtn., pretty much the largest attraction in Tasmania. In typical tourist fashion, me & MN drove the wrong way and it took us 6 hours to get there. Not to be deterred, we started on the hike and immediately knew it was going to be a winner. Everything about it was unbelievable! We made it to the top of Marion's Lookout and could see the whole mountain, not to mention beautiful lakes and scenery!
Although the trip was quick, it was so worth it! We both decided it was the two most amazing hikes we had ever been on and I hope the pics justify them a bit! We were sad to leave, but couldn't be more excited to head to Thailand!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Hazard's BeachHazard's Beach
Hazard's Beach

On our hike
MN on our hikeMN on our hike
MN on our hike

On our hike
Nice huh!Nice huh!
Nice huh!

On our hike
Cradle Mtn.Cradle Mtn.
Cradle Mtn.

On our hike


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb