Backpackers life in Hobart - a bit of a train wreck !


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
February 23rd 2009
Published: February 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

After the Tasafari adventure, I was around Hobart for 4 days, hung out with some of the folk from the camping trip and met up with some new ones in Hobart.
Life in Hobart pretty much revolves around the pub. Day 1 - breakfast at noon, following by whiskey tasting at the local distillery and bocci on the lawn with a pint, then $5 pichers for happy hour down the street, and onto the Vic tavern for more pints and a live band !! (oh dear ... lots of dancing and a little tree climbing was involved in this evening!)

I did rent a car for a couple of days to go out to Port Arthur (one of the criminal settlements of Tasmania - very interesting place, not someone you would like to be forced to live, but better than Sarah Island !!). Also got to Bruny Island for a day, lot of beautiful secluded places there.

Following each days touring of course was the pub !! Hobart does have great pubs, and lots of live music - a band called the To-rags played some great Irish folk music on Saturday night.

Anyway, after a slight change in travel plans on Sunday (for reasons that I do not wish to disclose, but I am sure many can guess), I said goodbye to Australia and hello to New Zealand !! Stay tuned for kiwi adventures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



28th February 2009

Amazing!
Hey babe!! Your photos are AMAZING!!! It looks like your having a blast there! And you look awesome too! I can't wait to read your next post....i wish I could be there with you! Have fun!!!
16th April 2009

Erin's own
hahahahahahahahahaha hello!!! ya still want my erin's own jersey??? have ya heard anything from Fiona lately??? oh and for those who want to know why she missed her flight, well, we got her pissed and she slept on it hehehehehe !!!!! :P

Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb